January 18, 2016

january postcard




I lit a candle for him. I think a part of me thought that he would never die. I don't remember the first song. I remember being scared watching the Labyrinth. I remember the references in the Young Ones, but by then I knew the lyrics. I remember smiling while seeing Zoolander. I remember meeting M and raiding his music collection and discovering a new list of songs I didn't know I loved. I remember singing in the car on our 2 hour trips between Launceston and Hobart. I remember all the songs at our wedding, the lyrics sung by Seu Jorge in Portuguese. He was my pinnacle. Everyone else was pale in comparison. And now he is gone. I am so lucky to have bee alive at the same time as David Bowie.

Australia Post Box Albury Street, Deagon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on comment, you know you want to.